Pharad offers a four channel Photonic Cross-Connect that interfaces with our high performance RF Photonic Transceivers and supports the low loss routing, switching and distribution of multiple RF over fiber signals. It replaces conventional RF switches for the routing of RF signals to different locations and enables dynamic reconfiguration of the RF photonic links. The Photonic Cross-Connect operates independently of the frequencies of the RF signals being transported over fiber. Any of four input optical signals carrying RF signals can be switched to any of four output ports, as required in a particular application.
In addition to providing real time creation and reconfiguration of the photonic signal paths, the Photonic Cross-Connect includes continuous optical power monitoring to ensure reliable operation of the entire system. It features low power consumption, millisecond switching time and provides extremely reliable optical performance.
- Photonic switching and routing of RF over fiber signals
- Dynamic reconfiguration of RF photonic link paths
- Non-blocking optical switch matrix
- Millisecond switching time
- Low insertion loss
- RF frequency independency
- Optical power monitoring
- 4 × 4 fiber ports
- 19" 1RU rack mount
- Optical path configuration and monitoring via RS-232 interface